Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm trying to lose weight- but I'm not trying that hard...

I'm not fat. Well, I'm not super fat. I'm pudgy. You can see it in my face- I got the round cheeks. And sometimes when I wear a smaller t-shirt- you can see my little tummy. So I'm trying to lose a few extra pounds. 10 of them, to be exact. Maybe 15. But dammit, I'm PMS. So I'm eating everything in sight. Even things that aren't in my sight. I called-in an order to the local pizza spot, and I went to pick up my one slice of pepperoni pizza. Came home. Sat in front of the TV. And proceeded to devour that slice.

I'm at home alone tonight. I tend to want to munch and snack when I'm feeling lonely. Or watching TV. Or sitting on the couch. Or if I'm awake. I like to say that I've gained this weight because I work in production. But really, it's lack of self-control and laziness... and tasty, tasty food. God, I love food. I wish I didn't love it so much.

My cat, Pumpkin, has been meowing at me for the last hour. He's hungry. Me and Terri have 3 cats. Two of them (Pumpkin and Pepper) are complete pigs. So, in order to slim them down, we now feed them controlled meals. And it's worked. Sorta. They have lost weight- but I sometimes wonder if they feel like they are being tortured with their 5 kibbles of food every couple hours.

Since I've been with Terri, we've both gained weight. We enable each other. We bond over food. We celebrate- with food. We reward good deeds- with food. Food. Food. FOOD!

My parents are very active people. But man they eat. Whenever we go visit them- they eat about three times the amount of food that we do. And they look at me- and try to give me some loving advice, "Don't drink so much soda. Eat less donuts. Eat your weggies (veggies). Are you exercising? Maybe you should do more." And then, "Is that all you're going to eat? Have some more rice!" Their intentions are good.

So we'll see if this weight loss will happen. I have $100 riding on it. There's a challenge at work for us "Fat Bastards" to lose 10 lbs. by January 6th, 2010... and then KEEP IT OFF FOR THREE MONTHS. Wish me luck.

Kibble time...

1 comment:

  1. SHUT UP!!! You're not fat. I mean, don't shut up cuz its awesome that you're blogging,. But you are so not fat!

    ps- i found your "secret" blog <3,ash

    ReplyDelete